WHERE CAN I SEE ONE?
Our model home is located in the SilverLake/Echo Park area of Los Angeles.
Please contact our partners at Keller Williams to arrange a viewing by clicking
WHERE ARE SUNIA HOMES AVAILABLE?
Our homes are currently available in California.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
if you have any additional questions.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
All our homes cost approximately $150/square foot.
For pricing on specific models,
WHAT DOES THE PRICE INCLUDE?
We include all the fixed project costs:
- Start-to-finish project management
- Architectural fees
- Engineering fees
- Foundation - once the lot is flat and clear
- House - see
for more information
- 3.1kW solar installation
- Greywater system - as extensive as local codes will allow
- Rainwater harvesting.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE QUOTED PRICE?
- Land acquisition
- Building permit fees
- Cost of site preparation: demolition/clearing/grading/excavation, if applicable
- Access: paths, driveways...
These costs will mostly depend on the building site you select.
HOW CAN I CALCULATE AND MANAGE THESE ADDITIONAL COSTS?
Sunia Homes can provide estimates and services through our building partners and supervise any work required for the completion of your home.
WHAT ABOUT FINANCING?
Our homes are financed like any other new construction. Once you are committed to building one, we can direct you to our preferred lenders.
I'M INTERESTED. WHAT'S NEXT?
Come see us! Arrange a viewing by clicking
and we'll discuss the steps ahead.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
The construction of the house from foundation to finish takes 4 months, under normal circumstances. Time spent on acquiring permits and preparing the site will depend on the land you select and the building department in your area.
CAN SUNIA HOMES DO EVERYTHING FOR ME?
Yes. Our main focus is to take the angst out of the building process and make this a
gratifying experience for you by providing end-to-end service. This includes:
- Land Acquisition: Our partners at Keller Williams will help you find the right lot for you.
- Site Survey/Reports: Should any reports be required for the land, we will help make the necessary arrangements.
- Financing: We can put you in touch with our lenders who will guide you through the financing process every step of the way.
- Permits: We will obtain the permits from the city for you.
- Site Preparation: Should your site require excavation, grading or demolition, we will supervise the work of qualified sub-contractors to prepare the site.
- Construction: We will manage every aspect of the construction process of your Sunia Home.
- Access, landscaping...: Depending on your needs and preferences, we can help arrange your property any way like.
WHAT MAKES SUNIA HOMES ENVIRONMENTALLY SOUND?
We focus on two core principles: efficiency and self-sufficiency.
Simply put, we design our homes to require as little energy as possible and include features that help offset the little energy that the house does use.
To minimize energy consumption, we rely on passive solar design principles (high insulation, airtightness, orientation of the home, natural ventilation and thermal mass), efficient lighting and appliances and a responsible owner.
All our homes come with solar panels to generate your own electricity, grey- and rainwater systems to recycle and reuse your water, as well as a 200sf garden to grow your own fruit, vegetables and herbs.
As electricity, fuel, water and food costs continue to rise, being self-sufficient is more important than ever.
WHAT OTHER SUSTAINABLE FEATURES ARE INCLUDED?
In addition to the solar panels, grey- and rainwater systems above, here are some other standard features:
- A wood pellet stove: wood pellets are compressed sawdust that burn in a stove to heat your home. It burns very cleanly and efficiently and uses a waste product to do so.
- Energy monitoring: an energy monitor displays in real time how much electricity your house is using and estimates your monthly energy cost/consumption, all of which is accessible from your computer and smartphone.
- FSC bamboo flooring: bamboo is known for its fast growth and the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) ensures it is harvested responsibly, thereby making this a particularly sound choice for the environment.
- The usual suspects: insulated low-e windows, reflective white roof, low- or no VOC paints, dual-flush toilets, tankless water heater, fly-ash in the concrete slab and responsible trash management through the construction process.
TO WHAT EXTENT CAN I CUSTOMIZE MY HOME?
There are 5 variations to our floor plans, ranging from a 3 to a 5 bedroom
configuration and from 1,735 to 2,265 square feet.
Garage and/or terrace options are also available.
As far as customization, virtually every finish is available in different colors
and styles. Additional fees may apply for non-standard finish requests.
DO YOU BUILD CUSTOM HOMES?
No. Our goal is to keep our homes as affordable as possible and the
standardization of the process is a big part of it. That's why we do not
offer custom design beyond tweaks to our floor plans.